Open Savings Account in Vijaya Bank: Vijaya Bank is one of the well-known banks in India. If you do have an account in Vijaya Bank and you are planning to open a new savings account in Vijaya Bank, you are in the right place as we will guide you through the complete procedure. In order to proceed, you must be aware of the formalities, eligibility, and steps to open a savings account in Vijaya Bank. If you know about all these steps, opening a savings bank account in Vijaya Bank will definitely be a piece of cake for you. Don’t forget to read our article on the procedure to link aadhaar card with Vijaya Bank Account.
How to Open a Savings Bank Account in Vijaya Bank?
There are things you must know before knowing the complete procedure for opening Vijaya Bank Savings Account. Let us first know about the Eligibility to Open Savings Account in Vijaya Bank.
Eligibility to Open a Savings Account in Vijaya Bank
Before visiting any Vijaya Bank Branch to open Vijaya Bank Savings Account, you must check whether you are eligible for the same or not. Here are the eligibility for opening Vijaya Bank Savings Account :
- Applicant must be a Citizen of India.
- Applicant must be more than 18 years of age (Except for Minor Account).
- Applicant must possess the KYC Documents required to open Savings Account in Vijaya Bank. These documents are Address Proof, Identity Proof, PAN Card, or Form 60/61.
- In most cases, the applicant would need a Guarantor who has a Bank Account with Vijaya Bank.
- Applicant will need to deposit the minimum balance amount needed for the Savings Account(In some types of accounts, like Jan Dhan Account this amount is not required).
At any point of time you can also prefer transferring Vijaya Bank Account or you can change Vijaya Bank Account Address. If you have not been using your Account from long time, it might be dormant and you can easily reactivate Vijaya Bank Dormant Account.
Steps to Open a Savings Account in Vijaya Bank
Once you know you are eligible to open a Vijaya Bank Savings Account, you must follow the below-mentioned steps to open a Savings Account in Vijaya Bank.
1) Gathering the Documents: Your first step should be gathering all the KYC documents required for opening a Bank Account in Vijaya Bank. So, do keep Proof of Address, Proof of Identity, PAN Card and at least 2 passport size photographs with you. You may also be asked to show the originals of the same.
2) Filling up Account Opening Form: Once you have all the documents you can visit any Vijaya Bank Branch, collect the Vijaya Bank Savings Account Opening Form, and fill it up completely. If you have any issues while filling up the form, you can take help of fellow people in the Bank or Vijaya Bank Officials.
3) Visit the Vijaya Bank Account Opening Branch: After you have filled up the Vijaya Bank Account Opening Form, do visit the Vijaya Bank Branch where you want to open your Savings Account. Do carry your filled-up form and the documents mentioned above.
4) Verify your Form & Documents: Meet the Accounts Executive and ask him to verify your documents and form for opening a new Savings Account with Vijaya Bank. Upon verification and successful validation of your documents and form, you can go to the next step.
5) Deposit the Minimum Deposit Amount: After verification, move to the cash deposit counter and deposit the minimum deposit amount for your new bank account. In order to do so, please take a Cash Deposit Voucher/Slip and write ‘New Account’ in place where you need to write your Name and fill up the minimum deposit amount in Numbers and Words. Please confirm the Amount from the Cashier or Accounts Executive and deposit the form and cash voucher.
6) Collect Vijaya Bank Passbook and ATM/Debit Card: Once you have deposited the minimum deposit amount for your new savings account, you will be handed over your ATM Cum Debit Card and other Bank Documents. If you do not get the documents instantly, you may get them in 1-2 working days. If you need a custom Debit Card with your Full Name on it, you need to apply for it separately.
Note: If you have also applied for other facilities like Cheque Book and/or Net Banking, within few days you will get them at your address registered with Vijaya Bank. If you wish to change Mobile Number in Vijaya Bank, you can do it anytime.
Best Practices after getting a Savings Bank Account in Vijaya Bank
Once you have a Savings Bank Account with Vijaya Bank, you must keep a few things in mind :
1) Its always good to memorize your Bank Details including your PINs and Passwords so that you don’t always have to rely on the physical documents every time you need that information.
2) To be on a safer side, note down your Account Number, ATM Card no., PIN etc at a location which is secure enough.
3) Always keep Vijaya Bank Customer Care Number stored in your mobile phone’s contact list.
4) Don’t hesitate to contact Vijaya Bank customer care if you have lost your Vijaya Bank ATM card or in case of any other mishap related to your Account. If by any chance your account information or a cheque of your Account has fallen into the wrong hands, you must immediately make a call to Vijaya Bank Customer Care or visit your Vijaya Bank Home Branch in order to block a particular service or your Savings Account to prevent any kind of unauthorized use.
Things to Know before you Open a Savings Account in Vijaya Bank
Before you plan to open a Savings Account with Vijaya Bank, you must know a few important things. There are a few queries which you must clarify by visiting any Vijaya Bank Branch or Calling the Customer Care Number :
- Is there a Minimum Average Balance per month for maintaining this type of Savings Account in Vijaya Bank? If yes, what is it? What types of fees do I have to pay if I go below that limit?
- What is the rate of interest which I will be getting on my Vijaya Bank Savings Account? How often is this interest generated?
- Do I have any limit to the number of transactions every month?
- Where can I withdraw cash using my ATM/Passbook/Cheques without paying any extra fees? What is the extra amount charged for using other than Vijaya Bank ATM?
Customer Care Numbers of Vijaya Bank
If you are looking for any kind of help from Vijaya Bank Customer Care, feel free to reach them on the Toll-Free Number mentioned below.
Toll Free Number : 1800 425 9992