Open Savings Account in Oriental Bank of Commerce: OBC(Oriental Bank of Commerce) is one of the well-known banks in India. If you do have an account in Oriental Bank of Commerce and you are planning to open a new savings account in Oriental Bank of Commerce, you are in the right place as we will guide you through the complete procedure. In order to proceed, you must be aware of the formalities, eligibility, and steps to open a savings account in OBC. If you know about all these steps, opening a savings bank account in Oriental Bank of Commerce will definitely be a piece of cake for you. Don’t forget to read our article on the procedure to link aadhaar card with Oriental Bank of Commerce Account.
How to Open a Savings Bank Account in Oriental Bank of Commerce?
There are things you must know before knowing the complete procedure for opening Oriental Bank of Commerce Savings Account. Let us first know about the Eligibility to Open Savings Account in OBC.
Eligibility to Open a Savings Account in Oriental Bank of Commerce
Before visiting any OBC Branch to open Oriental Bank of Commerce Savings Account, you must check whether you are eligible for the same or not. Here are the eligibility for opening OBC Savings Account :
- Applicant must be a Citizen of India.
- Applicant must be more than 18 years of age (Except for Minor Account).
- Applicant must possess the KYC Documents required to open Savings Account in Oriental Bank of Commerce. These documents are Address Proof, Identity Proof, PAN Card, or Form 60/61.
- In most cases, the applicant would need a Guarantor who has a Bank Account with Oriental Bank of Commerce.
- Applicant will need to deposit the minimum balance amount needed for the Savings Account(In some types of accounts, like Jan Dhan Account this amount is not required).
At any point of time, you can also prefer transferring Oriental Bank of Commerce Account or you can change OBC Account Address. If you have not been using your Account for long time, it might be dormant and you can easily reactivate Oriental Bank of Commerce Dormant Account.
Steps to Open a Savings Account in Oriental Bank of Commerce
Once you know you are eligible to open an Oriental Bank of Commerce Savings Account, you must follow the below-mentioned steps to open a Savings Account in OBC.
1) Gathering the Documents: Your first step should be gathering all the KYC documents required for opening a Bank Account in Oriental Bank of Commerce. So, do keep Proof of Address, Proof of Identity, PAN Card, and at least 2 passport-size photographs with you. You may also be asked to show the originals of the same.
2) Filling up Account Opening Form: Once you have all the documents you can visit any Oriental Bank of Commerce Branch, collect the Oriental Bank of Commerce Savings Account Opening Form, and fill it up completely. If you have any issues while filling up the form, you can take the help of fellow people in the Bank or OBC Officials.
3) Visit the Oriental Bank of Commerce Account Opening Branch: After you have filled up the OBC Account Opening Form, do visit the Oriental Bank of Commerce Branch where you want to open your Savings Account. Do carry your filled-up form and the documents mentioned above.
4) Verify your Form & Documents: Meet the Accounts Executive and ask him to verify your documents and form for opening a new Savings Account with OBC. Upon verification and successful validation of your documents and form, you can go to the next step.
5) Deposit the Minimum Deposit Amount: After verification, move to the cash deposit counter and deposit the minimum deposit amount for your new bank account. In order to do so, please take a Cash Deposit Voucher/Slip and write ‘New Account’ in a place where you need to write your Name and fill up the minimum deposit amount in Numbers and Words. Please confirm the Amount from the Cashier or Accounts Executive and deposit the form and cash voucher.
6) Collect Oriental Bank of Commerce Passbook and ATM/Debit Card: Once you have deposited the minimum deposit amount for your new savings account, you will be handed over your ATM Cum Debit Card and other Bank Documents. If you do not get the documents instantly, you may get them in 1-2 working days. If you need a custom Debit Card with your Full Name on it, you need to apply for it separately.
Note: If you have also applied for other facilities like Cheque Book and/or Net Banking, within few days you will get them at your address registered with OBC. If you wish to change Mobile Number in Oriental Bank of Commerce, you can do it anytime.
Best Practices after Getting a Savings Bank Account in Oriental Bank of Commerce
Once you have a Savings Bank Account with Oriental Bank of Commerce, you must keep a few things in mind :
- It’s always good to memorize your Bank Details including your PINs and Passwords so that you don’t always have to rely on the physical documents every time you need that information.
- To be on the safer side, note down your Account Number, ATM Card no., PIN, etc at a location which is secure enough.
- Always keep Oriental Bank of Commerce Customer Care Number stored in your mobile phone’s contact list.
- Don’t hesitate to contact OBC customer care if you have lost your Oriental Bank of Commerce ATM card or in case of any other mishap related to your Account. If by any chance your account information or a cheque of your Account has fallen into the wrong hands, you must immediately make a call to OBC Customer Care or visit your Oriental Bank of Commerce Home Branch in order to block a particular service or your Savings Account to prevent any kind of unauthorized use.
Things to Know before you Open a Savings Account in Oriental Bank of Commerce
Before you plan to open a Savings Account with Oriental Bank of Commerce, you must know a few important things. There are a few queries which you must clarify by visiting any OBC Branch or Calling the Customer Care Number :
- Is there a Minimum Average Balance per month for maintaining this type of Savings Account in Oriental Bank of Commerce? If yes, what is it? What types of fees do I have to pay if I go below that limit?
- What is the rate of interest which I will be getting on my Oriental Bank of Commerce Savings Account? How often is this interest generated ?
- Do I have any limit to the number of transactions every month ?
- Where can I withdraw cash using my ATM/Passbook/Cheques without paying any extra fees? What is the extra amount charged for using other than OBC ATM?
Customer Care Numbers of Oriental Bank of Commerce
If you are looking for any kind of help from OBC Customer Care, feel free to reach them at the Toll-Free Number mentioned below.
Toll Free Number: 1800 180 1235